Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Days 20 & 21

Day 20: a movie

Today I am thankful for a movie called Moms' Night Out. If you haven't seen it, you should. Not only is it incredibly funny, it's totally relatable. And I don't have kids. But I know what stress is like. And this movie reminds me that it's okay. It's okay not to have everything together. It's okay to r    e    l    a    x... No, maybe I can't do everything by myself. Maybe I can't be everything I feel like I have to be to be a success at life. I've noticed that when I relax about something, and I stop stressing over it, that it suddenly becomes more manageable. Things become more clear. And this movie reminds me that sometimes life is a mess. It's a mess now, and it will be a mess later. It reminds me not to fall into the "marriage will fix my problems/make me happy" trap. Because life will be messy then, too. Differently messy, but messy all the same. It reminds me that the mess is okay...it's just part of this thing we call life. And learning to enjoy the mess is part of life, too.

Day 21: cousins

Today I am also thankful for my cousins. We've had a lot of good times together. I look forward to summer and Christmas and spring break because it means seeing them. Today I'm thankful that I was friends with my cousins growing up, and that we still like to hang out :)

How do you deal with stress?
What are your favorite encouraging movies?
What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment