Friday, March 20, 2015

Day 24: courage

"And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say: For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say." Luke 1:11-12

Today I am thankful for the gift of courage. 

My dictionary app (Merriam-Webster) defines courage as: the ability to do something that you know is difficult or dangerous; mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty.

I am thankful that when I am afraid, when I don't know what to do or say, and don't know what the outcome will be, that God will be with me and direct me. He will give me the strength and words in the moment to accomplish what He wants. And I'm glad that my courage, the strength to do what is hard, doesn't have to come from within myself. 

What are you thankful for today?


No comments:

Post a Comment