Friday, March 27, 2015

Day 31: identity

Today I am thankful for my identity. I'm thankful that my identity does not have to be found in what people think of me or how well I measure up to my own standards. My identity is in Jesus Christ. He has bought me with his blood and reconciled me to God. I belong to Him.

So who am I?

I am a creature created by God for His glory and for relationship with Himself. He has created me specially and specifically as a woman. He has set me apart to Himself. I belong solely to Him, and not to any other. He desires to fill all of my longings with good things. But ultimately, I will only be satisfied in Him alone. He will cause me to fly with wings as eagles as He catches me up in troubled times. For in my weakness, there He chooses to expose His strength. He has created and fashioned every part of me: He has selected my DNA, my family, and my time and place in history. He has chosen each person and circumstance to be in my days, for He holds my times in His hands. And He is good. So I will not fear.

This is who I am. 

Even if you've already heard this song, please watch the video. It's well worth it.



Where do you find your identity?
What are you thankful for today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment