Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Days 114-123

Day 114: wisdom search

Wisdom Search is what we call our family devotions that we have in the mornings. I am thankful for wisdom search because it means we come together as a family to study the Scriptures. And also because it's taught me that getting up early in the morning is a good thing. And I get to see my dad before he goes to work in the morning :)

Day 115: advice

I am thankful that people (like parents) give me advice that I maybe don't like. Because they can see things that I miss, and they are often right. 

Day 116: game nights

I am thankful for game nights because I like to play games, I like to hang out with people, and it gives me a regular opportunity to see others whom I would not normally see if we didn't have game night.

Day 117: Dad

Today I am thankful for my dad. I am thankful for Dad because he provides for us, loves us, plays with us, is willing to keep creepy guys away from me, taught me how to drive (that was an adventure), likes to try new things with me, and a whole bunch of other reasons. But mostly, Dad, thanks for caring. Thank you for loving me enough to correct me and discipline me when I was a child, and for giving me advice now that I've grown. Thank you for everything you do and say (and don't do and say) to let me know you're there for me. You're a favorite of mine.

Day 118: sense of direction 

Because I like to know where I am. I am so, so thankful for this. I take this for granted a lot. Sunday we took Dad to a really huge Bass Pro shop and when it was time to leave I was able to help navigate out of there. And then I thought what if I couldn't do this. Yikes! Really glad I have a sense of direction.

Day 119: feeling better

I am feeling so much better than I was a couple weeks ago. I even had a friend over Tuesday.

Day 120: hand-me-downs

Reasons hand-me-downs win 10+ awesome points:
1) they usually consist of things I couldn't afford if I'd seen them in a retail store
2) I get to play dress up
3) I get to keep anything (everything!) I like free of charge
4) if something needs alteration, we can play around with it without losing money if we mess up
5) I can sort through it on my own time in the comfort of my own home 
6) I can walk right into my closet to see if a color matches what I already have
7) it's usually a surprise, and I like surprise gifts of new wardrobes

I could think of more reasons, but 7 seemed like the perfect number to stop at.

Day 121: a brother

I have a brother. You may know him as the Musician. I remember praying for a brother before he was born. I remember being so excited when I found out the new baby was going to be a boy. My brother is, I'm convinced, one of the best people on earth. I'm proud of the way he's growing up and I love that we've turned out to be pretty good friends. M: thanks for being the awesome guy that you are. I love you.

Day 122: when people respond negatively to RSVPs

Yeah, RSVPs. Those things that a lot of people don't use anymore but are actually super helpful. I greatly appreciate when people who said maybe call and say they can't come (although I'd rather them say they could). But I'm glad they let me know. Makes planning easier and I don't have to worry something tragic happened

Day 123: rain in summer

I am thankful for rain in summer because it cools things down. Yay for a break in the heat! :D

So this week I kept working on this post and I was a couple days behind from the previous weekend, but every day adds another topic which means more to write about and I wasn't able to catch up completely until today. I'm pretty sure nine days is a record for me. Hope that won't happen like that again :)

What are you thankful for today?
Did anybody find my joke?

No comments:

Post a Comment