Saturday, June 13, 2015

Day 109: jaw/mouth pain

Today I am thankful for the pain and discomfort I am experiencing due to my jaw joint problems and the means being used for correction. Thankful for pain? YES. Why?? 1) because it's slowly teaching me to choose my words carefully, something my dad often refers to as "economy of speech." Using the right words keeps one from having to talk more than necessary. 2) it keeps me focused on today. It can be kind of overwhelming at times to think about dealing with discomfort for weeks, but if I just concentrate on one day at a time it becomes much more manageable. And every day can be a good day when I take the day one step at a time without stressing over whether I got everything on my to-do list completed.

Have you ever had to work through anything difficult?
What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment