Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Days 76-78

Day 76: the advent of summer

Today I'm thankful for the advent of summer. I was never really fond of summer growing up, but since I started going to college I've discovered that summer is a very wonderful thing indeed. I am looking forward to summer very much. Summer means no schoolwork and the opportunity to spend time with my family and doing other things that I don't have much time for during the school year. It also means lower stress levels, which in turn mean less headaches.

Day 77: seeing my friends succeed

I am also thankful for being able to see my friends succeed. Recently, one of my friends was chosen to represent his class by preaching in chapel in front of the whole school. I was very pleased to be able to support him by coming to see him preach. He did a great job, by the way. I also have several friends graduating this semester. I am happy to be able to celebrate their achievements with them. It makes me happy to see them happy.

Day 78: good memories

I am thankful for good memories of deceased loved ones. While my aunt was over at dinner tonight, she pointed out that although we miss our loved ones, it is a good thing that we miss them. Because that is a sign we loved each other and had a good relationship. We were able to take advantage of the time that we had with them, and as a result, have many good memories. 

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment