Thursday, April 16, 2015

Days 50 & 51

Day 50: confrontations

To clarify: do I like confrontations? Not at all. But I am very thankful for them. And I am thankful for the people who are willing to call me out and say "you missed something." Sometimes I can't see a situation for what it is because I'm in the middle of it. Because I can't see the forest for the trees, as they say. But I'm thankful for when people come and pull me out of that and help me look at things differently.

Day 51: God-ordained meetings/conversations

Specifically, the kind I'm thinking about are when you start talking to someone you just met and then like an hour later you're like "wow, that was one of the best conversations I've had all week." Conversations like that challenge me to take the initiative in talking with people more often. Talking to people is often a conscious decision for me. I'm really thankful for those times when I feel like I should speak up...and then everything turns out brilliantly, in a totally "that was supposed to happen" kind of way. Like when you go speak to someone and you think God might want you to encourage them, but they encourage you.

Anyone had any similar experiences?
What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment