Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Day 1: life

Today I am thankful for life. Not just life, like the things that happen in my life and the way people say "well, that's life." I mean being alive. I am thankful for the breath that I breath. When you think about it, you can't really do anything to be alive to start with. I mean, I can't make my blood carry the oxygen to the rest of my body. I can sit here and think about it, but I can't make it happen by thinking about it. I can't make my body live. I can reach out my hand and pick something up by thinking about it, but I can't "think" my body into life. So, life must be a gift, I suppose. Because I can't do anything to make it happen. 
But the thing I'm really thankful for today is that God deemed it important that I should be born. I am thankful for the life, the living, that He has gifted me with. Just thinking about how He created me specially and that He delights in me is amazing. He created me to glorify Him and bring Him pleasure. So maybe just my being alive makes God happy. When I delight in life and wonder in the world He created, I imagine that makes Him happy too. 
So I guess living life is not just a gift that He gives to me, but a gift I can give back to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment